© Daily Herald Archive/National Museum of Science & Media/Science & Society Picture Library
The Victoria Park Lido was opened in 1934 by Herbert Morrison MP. It was designed by H A Rowbotham and T L Smithson, architects at the LCC Parks Department. It cost £25,000 to built and was a large 200ft by 90ft. It was designed so that no shadow was cast in the bathing enclosure. Badly damaged in World War II it reopened in 1952 and was subsequently demolished in 1990.
Opening of the East End Lido at Victoria Park