Country lorry services were developed during the 1920s for the delivery of goods from a railhead to its outlying areas. Newbury was one of the districts in which lorry services were introduced by the Great Western Railway (GWR) in 1929. The lorry is a Asociated Daimler vehicle and appears to be delivering grain to a thatched cottage on the road between Woodhay and Newbury. Photograph by Frank Box.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved