Coloured lithograph drawn and lithographed by S Rusell showing wagons, railway workers and pasengers waiting to board a train at Derby Station. The North Midland Railway, the line on which Derby Station was built, was formed in the 1830s and ran from Derby to Leeds. In 1844 the North Midland Railway amalgamated with the York & North Midland, Midland Counties and the Birmingham & Derby Railways to form the Midland Railway. Derby Station was the Midland Railway's headquarters. Printed by Day & Haghe.
© NRM / Pictorial Collection / Science & Society Picture Library