Engraving by P Foudrinier after a drawing by Wale, for 'Stowe's Survey'. It shows the front and west side of the building. The Mansion House was designed by George Dance the Elder, the Corporation of London's Clerk of Works. Construction began in 1739 and the building was completed in 1752. The Mansion House is notable for its Palladian facade and in the interior, the Egyptian Hall where banquets are held.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library