This bicycle contains several improvements patented by Mr G Singer in 1888 including a stage in the development of the diamond frame and was made by Mesrs Singer & Co. The frame has a tube extending from the steering head to the middle of a curved down-tube from the saddle to the crank bracket. The wheels, which are 30 inches in diameter, have radial spokes and are fitted with wired-on cushion tyres. It bears many similarities to modern bicycles.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library