Fitted with a Tillotson cab and Thomson tank, this eight-wheel lorry was used by J M Mills Ltd, of Liverpool, for transporting industrial alcohol. The Asociated Equipment Company Ltd (aeC), based at Southall, Middlesex, specialised in the production of commercial vehicle chasis and engines and was originally set up in 1912 to manufacture and supply bus chasis for the London General Omnibus Company. Their Southall factory closed in 1979. The lorry is seen here prior to restoration work.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library