A Dufaycolor colour transparency taken by an unknown photographer in about 1948. Produced between 1946 and 1952 the Bentley Mk VI was designed to be as compact as possible, due to the continued rationing of steel so soon after the end of World War II. The Dufaycolor process was introduced as cine film in 1932 and as rollfilm for still photography in 1935. Based on Frenchman Louis Dufay's (1874-1936) Dioptichrome process of 1908, it was the last 'additive' colour process to be marketed and consisted of a very fine, regular filter screen made up of red, green and blue lines printed on a film base. Dufaycolor was popular with both amateur and professional photographers and survived until the 1950s.
© National Museum of Science & Media / Science & Society Picture Library