Platforms 7 and 9 at Bristol Temple Meads Station, photographed by Godfrey Soole, about 1937. Temple Meads was designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel in 1835. It opened on the Great Western Railway in 1841. The station was built for Broad Gauge traction, but by 1892 the station had been converted to serve standard gauge.
©National Railway Museum/ Science & Society Picture Library