Passenger train, hauled by a 2-4-0T locomotive, by G W Tripp, about 1920. This line, between Douglas and Peel, opened in 1873. Many of the men employed to build the line were fishermen and left as soon as the herring season began to get back to their boats. The railway's officials had to employ people from the mainland.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved