Music by E Carpenter de Selvier, opus 243, published by Carpenter (Exeter), written in aid of the funds of the Devon and Exeter Hospital. The central engraving shows the facade of the hospital with men and women walking along a cobbled street lined with trees. The Devon and Exeter Hospital was founded in 1741 as a Voluntary Hospital. It became Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital in 1867. The hospital is situated at Barrack Road, Exeter.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library