Reading Room at Swindon Works, 3 August 1916. The main Reading Room in the extension to the Great Western Railway's Mechanics' Institution at Swindon Works. The original building had been erected in 1855 and the extension, designed by the architect Brightwen Binyon, was added in 1893. GWR official photograph.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved