This car, with a four seat tourer body, was made by the Ford Motor Company in Detroit. The Model T was introduced by Henry Ford (1863-1947) in 1909 and the company's Detroit factory was adapted for its mas production. Although this open tourer was probably the most typical, a range of bodies were produced, including closed saloons, and vans and lorries for commercial operators and farmers. By the time the model was phased out in 1927 over sixteen million vehicles had been made.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library