Photograph produced for the Midland Railway showing shafts of light shining through the Gothic windows of St Pancras Station as the building of the station was nearing completion. St Pancras Station and hotel were designed by George Gilbert Scott (1811-1878) and are some of the most important examples of High Gothic Revival architecture. The station became the main London terminal of the York & Midland Railway. The main engineer on the project was W H Barlow.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved