Crowds on platforms 4 and 5 at Paddington station, waiting for the train to take them to the Henley rowing regatta, 2 July 1908. A Saint clas 4-6-0 steam locomotive waits alongside platform 5 with a special train. This station was built to the design of Isambard Kingdom Brunel (1806-1859) with the asistance of Matthew Digby Wyatt and was completed in 1853. GWR Paddington official photograph.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved