A plan of the various exhibition halls, including the Empire Stadium, Palace of Industries and Palace of Engineering. This exhibition was opened on 23 April 1924 by King George V (1865-1936) in front of 50,000 people at the Wembley Stadium. To mark the occasion the King sent a telegram to himself routed from London through the British Empire and back to London. The electric mesage took one minute and 20 seconds, and pased through Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, India, Aden, Egypt and Gibraltar.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library