Poster advertising Masey's Toronto Binder, c 1890.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
One of a series of five chromolithographs advertising world-renowned Masey-Harris agricultural machinery, depicting the Toronto Binder winning an 'object of art' medal and receiving the highest honours for being the overall best binder in international field trials at Noisiel in France. The Masey-Harris company was formed in 1891, as a combination of Masey Manufacturing Company of Toronto and A Harris Son & Company Ltd, both of Ontario, Canada. In the 1920s, the company moved into the production of tractors, merging in 1953 with Harry Ferguson to form the Masey-Ferguson Company.