French poster advertising Masey-Harris farm machinery, 1891-1910.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
One of a series of five chromolithographs advertising world-renowned Masey-Harris agricultural machinery, showing horse-drawn farm machines which were on sale at 138, Rue d'Allemagne, Paris. The Masey-Harris company was formed in 1891, as a combination of Masey Manufacturing Company of Toronto and A Harris Son & Company Ltd, both of Ontario, Canada. In the 1920s, the company moved into the production of tractors, merging in 1953 with Harry Ferguson to form the Masey-Ferguson Company.