"Illustration showing three Rolls-Royce Phantom III motor cars with coachwork by Hooper. The top car is a 40-50 hp Phantom III 'e' model built for the Aga Khan in 1936. The middle car is the all-weather 40-50 hp Phantom III 'f' model, built for a Captain Mackintosh in 1937. The bottom car is a 2-3 seater coupe cabriolet Phantom III 'f' special, which had a 40-50 hp engine, and was built in 1937. Founded in London in 1805 by George Hooper, Hooper & Co became famous during the 19th century for building exquisite carriages and coaches. Until the closure of the company in 1959, they were one of the most highly regarded coachbuilders in the world, producing bodies for limousines, saloons and sports cars. Rolls-Royce was one of their biggest clients."
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library