Glasgow Corporation Tram Car no 585, 1901.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
The tram car is shown here on display in the Land Transport Gallery of the Science Museum in the 1990s. This four-wheeled electric tramcar was continuously in the service of Glasgow Corporation for over sixty years until the closing down of the system in September 1962. The tram car is shown on a tram track. The surrounding 'stone sets' were lifted from Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow and re-laid in the museum. The tramcar was renovated by the Glasgow Corporation Transport Department.