Pochard' steam locomotive, Clas A4 engine No. 4499 hauling the down Yorkshire Pullman, Kings Cros to Bradford, Harrogate and Hull. This locomotive was later renamed 'Sir Murrough Wilson' (deputy Chairman of the LNER) and given stainles steel cut out numbers and letters in April 1939. The locomotive on the left was the first large boiler 4-4-2 of the GNR now preserved at the National Railway Museum.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved