The Great Hall, Euston Station, London, 1950s.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved
The Great Hall is shown looking north from the balcony with the entrance to the Shareholders' Room visible at the top of the stairs. Designed for the London & North Western Railway by Philip Charles Hardwick and built by William Cubitt & Son, the Great Hall was opened on 27 May 1849. It was refurbished by the British Railways Board in 1953, but demolished in 1962.