Fragment of Britannia tubular bridge, 1850.
3 0 c m
40cm
actual image size: 32cm x 22cm

Fragment of Britannia tubular bridge, 1850.

© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library

Description

Section of cellular base of main span N tube from Britannia bridge. The Britannia Tubular Bridge was designed by Robert Stephenson (1803-1859) and was completed in 1850. It was constructed to provide trains of the Chester & Holyhead Railway with a pasageway acros the Menai Straits from mainland Wales to Anglesey. The railway terminated at Holyhead, which became a major port for travellers to Ireland.
 

Image Ref.

10305123
 

buy a print

Select size
 
Select finish
 
How many prints?
 
£20.00
 

buy a framed print

buy a canvas

buy a framed canvas