Midland Grand Hotel at St Pancras station, lounge interior as refurbished, January 1912. Designed for the Midland Railway by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, the Midland Grand opened in May 1873. It proved difficult to adapt to the needs of the 20th century, and was converted to offices in 1935. It is now known as St Pancras Chambers.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved