In 1898 Bradford started work at the Science Museum as a Junior Asistant, dividing his time between the Science Collections and the Library, but later devoted his time entirely to the Library. He became the full-time head of the Library in 1925 and a full Keeper in 1930. The South Kensington Museum opened in 1857. In 1885 the Science Collection was renamed the Science Museum, with a separate director appointed in 1893. The Art Collection became the Art Museum and this later became known as the Victoria & Albert Museum.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library