Switch panel from the Royal Saloon, no 395, built by the East Coast Joint Stock, 1908. View of a switch panel from the Royal Saloon used by Edward VII (1841-1910) and later Queen Mary (1867-1953). 'East Coast Joint Stock' provided stock for both the Great Eastern Railway (opened 1850) and the North Eastern Railway. The stock was jointly built and maintained by the two companies. The LNER, which absorbed both the GNR and NER in 1924, kept many old joint stock carriages in use until 1948.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved