Mr Gibson's Pharmacy in Hexham, Northumberland, 19th century.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Photograph taken just before the pharmacy closed in 1978. The Gibson family owned the shop in Hexham from 1834. When it closed, the London Science Museum bought the fittings and made a reconstruction in the museum's Wellcome Gallery. Most of the funiture is included in the display.