s 'Miltiades', 1903.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Model (scale 1:48). This twin-screw liner was completed in 1903 in Glasgow for the Aberdeen Line service to Cape Town and Australia. Her sister ship, the 'Marathon', was built the same year. As well as carrying pasengers, the ships had refrigerated, insulated cargo holds for transporting meat or fruit. In 1920 they were sold to the Royal Mail Steam Packet Company Ltd and renamed the 'Orcana' and the 'Oruba' respectively. The 'Orcana' was broken up in 1922.