Model (scale 1:48). This is a representative of a fleet of 30 paddle steamers, built 1904-1905 for the London County Council, for service on the river Thames between Hammersmith and Greenwich. Accomodation was provided for 500 pasengers, and the two saloons were steam-heated and had electric lighting. The boats were put into service in June 1905, and were discontinued in 1908.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library