MS 'Carnarvon Castle', 1926.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Model (scale 1:48). The motor liner is shown as completed by Harland and Wolff in 1926 at Belfast, Northern Ireland, for the Union-Castle Mail Steamship Company Ltd's service between the United Kingdom and South Africa. The vesel was re-engined in 1938 and fitted with a single funnel and clipper bow which considerably altered her appearance. She had accomodation for 276 first clas, 197 second clas and 188 tourist clas pasengers.