Chemical laboratory, London, 1895.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
This exhibit is from the Chemistry Gallery of the Science Museum in London. It consists of fittings and furniture which formed a small part of the extensive laboratory of the Government Chemist in Clements Inn Pasage, London. The laboratory design was the most advanced of its time. Features included a central hot water supply which provided a constant hot plate and drying cupboard facilities. Other apparatus shown include a microscope, flash-point apparatus, refractometer, polarimeter and a centrifuge for milk analysis.