Poster produced for British Railways (BR) to promote rail services to Coventry in the West Midlands. The modern cathedral was designed by Basil Spence and built between 1954-1962 beside the ruins of the medieval cathedral, which was destroyed by German bombs in 1940. The remains of the old cathedral are visible beside the new structure. The poster reproduces an original drawing by Sir Basil Spence (1907-1976).
© NRM / Pictorial Collection / Science & Society Picture Library