"Warehouse at Oldham Road goods depot, Manchester, 1924."
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved
"Goods stored in a warehouse at Oldham Road goods depot, Manchester. Oldham Road started life as a station in 1839 but after 4 years it was closed and turned into a goods yard. This warehouse, owned by the London, Midland & Scottish Railway, was where goods were brought and stored before being put onto wagons and transported. Goods were also brought here between being unloaded from their wagons and being taken to their destination. "