"Warehouse at Sandon and Canada Dock goods depot, Liverpool, c 1924."
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved
"Canada dock in Liverpool was built in the 1850s, mainly for use by ships transporting timber. It was also used by the Pacific Steam Navigation company to transport passengers. The dock had a direct rail link. The warehouse was where goods were brought and stored before or after their journey by ship."