"Oldham Road goods depot, Manchester, 23 April 1924. "
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved
"Workers inside Oldham Road goods depot, which started life as a station in 1839 but after 4 years it was closed and turned into a goods depot. This warehouse, owned by the London, Midland & Scottish Railway, was where goods were brought and stored before being put onto wagons and transported. Goods were also brought here between being unloaded from their wagons and being taken to their destination. "