"Manchester Victoria station, c 1926."
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved
"Exterior of the London, Midland & Scottish Railway's Manchester Victoria station, about 1926. This station was built in 1844 and extended many times. It was originally the headquarters of the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway. It was given a new entrance and forecourt between between 1904 and 1909, and after rebuilding several years later it became one of the largest stations in Britain."