Construction of St Pancras Station, London, c 1867.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved
'Travelling Gantry and First Girder of Midland Station St Pancras'. This station was completed in 1868, as the London terminus for the Midland Railway. The station was designed by William Barlow. He built a single span arched roof from iron and glass, the largest in Britain, and at this time the largest in the world.