A jar of Vuilori (?) Bl[au]superfine synthetic dye manufactured by G. Siegle & Co. of Stuttgart. In 1873 the Stuttgart firm Heinrich Siegle (was acquired by BASF. In 1889 Gustav Siegle (the son of Heinrich Siegle) bought the buildings back and started the production of mineral pigments and lacquers. Part of a collection of late nineteenth and early twentieth century colorants transferred from the Colour Museum, Bradford, in 1985.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library