Section of London-to-Liverpool telegraph cable, 1853.

Section of London-to-Liverpool telegraph cable, 1853.
2 9 c m
40cm
actual image size: 32cm x 21cm

Description

British towns and cities began to be linked by telegraph wires from the early 1840s. Most lines were overhead but in a few places were laid underground, such as the London-Liverpool six-wire cable laid in 1853 near Welsh Harp, in north-west London. This specimen of the cable was recovered in 1903.

© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library

buy a print

Select size
 
Select finish
 
How many prints?
 
£20.00
 

buy a framed print

buy a canvas

buy a framed canvas

image details