Large stations had restaurants which served full meals with a table service. Smaller stations sold light meals and snacks, such as drinks, sandwiches, cakes and soup. Victoria station opened in 1860, as two separate stations. The stations merged in 1924, and were rebuilt to become one building in the 1980s. Victoria served Brighton and the South Coast, and from 1920 served Dover and connections to France.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved