The Forth Bridge, Fife, by Chris Hogg, 2003. The Forth Bridge was built across the Firth of Forth, to link North and South Queensferry. Before the railway bridge was built, passengers travelling north from Edinburgh had to take a ferry. The bridge was completed in 1890, having taken 7 years to build. The bridge is partially covered with scaffolding as it undergoes continuous maintenance and repair.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved