A photograph of a woman using the telephone, taken by Photographic Advertising Limited in about 1950. The woman is making a hushing motion, holding her finger to her mouth, as she holds a telephone receiver. Photographic Advertising Limited was founded in 1926 by a group experienced in photojournalism and film. The company created multi-purpose stock images with the potential for selling a range of products. Whilst enjoying its greatest success during the 1930s, it continued in business until 1977.
© NMeM / Photographic Advertising / Science & Society Picture Library