A signed photogravure of Harlech Castle by George Davison [1854-1930], 1907. Harlech Castle stands on a rocky outcrop, overlooking the valley below. Davison exhibited this photograph at the Newman Gallery in 1911, his last show of work. He also sent copies as a Christmas card. George Davison was a noted pictorial photographer and a founder member of The Linked Ring in 1892. From 1897 he was assistant manager of the Eastman Photographic Materials Company, renamed in 1898, Kodak Limited. He became managing director in 1900.
© Kodak Collection / National Science & Media Museum / Science & Society Picture Library