A photogravure of Bridgnorth by George Davison [1854-1930], about 1895. The buildings of the town stand on the far bank of the River Severn. Smoke rises from their chimneys. George Davison was a noted pictorial photographer and a founder member of The Linked Ring in 1892. From 1897 he was assistant manager of the Eastman Photographic Materials Company, renamed in 1898, Kodak Limited. He became managing director in 1900.
© Kodak Collection / National Science & Media Museum / Science & Society Picture Library