A photograph of Lowestoft harbour, taken by George Davison [1854-1930] in 1886. A steam ship, a rowing boat and a group of fishing boats are pictured at the harbour mouth. The photograph was shown at the Photographic Society of Great Britain exhibition in1886. George Davison was a noted pictorial photographer and a founder member of The Linked Ring in 1892. From 1897 he was assistant manager of the Eastman Photographic Materials Company, renamed in 1898, Kodak Limited. He became managing director in 1900.
© Kodak Collection / National Science & Media Museum / Science & Society Picture Library