4-6-0 locomotive number 2222 'Sir Gilbert Claughton' with the Euston to Glasgow train at Wolverton works, Buckinghamshire. This locomotive was introduced in 1913 and named after the chairman of the LNWR (London & North Western Railway) who retired in 1921. It was normally used to haul passenger trains on the West Coast Main Line. From the Crewe Collection of silver gelatin glass negatives, featuring locomotives, workshops, personalities and events of the LNWR, and the London Midland & Scottish Railway, from 1875 to 1933.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved