The Doric portico at the entrance to Euston Station, 7 September 1904.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved
The Euston 'arch' was designed by Philip Hardwick (1792-1870) for the London & Birmingham Railway and was completed in May 1838 at a cost of 35,000 pounds. It was demolished, amidst considerable protest, between November 1961 and February 1962. Official London & North Western Railway photograph.