London Bridge as seen from Hibernia Wharf. The spire of Wren's church St Magnus the Martyr and the Monument, built to commemorate the Great Fire of London in 1666 can be seen behind the building on the left. The cranes and warehouses on the right have since been demolished when the docks closed in the 1960s. The bridge itself was rebuilt in 1972.
© NMeM / Daily Herald Archive / Science & Society Picture Library