Construction work at St Pancras Station, London, 29 August 1867.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved
Railway navvies working a brickmaking machine during the construction of the Midland Railway's St Pancras Station in London. The station was built as the terminus for the railway's line to London. It was designed by Gilbert Scott and built by the Midland Railway's consulting engineer, William Barlow, with the assistance of R M Ordish, opening on 1 October 1868.