Interior of the East Coast Joint Stock Queen's saloon, 1925.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved
Interior of the East Coast Joint Stock Queen's saloon on display at the National Railway Museum in York in 1997. This picture shows the day compartment, furnished to Queen Mary's taste, and also for Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, who used it until about 1977. It had originally been constructed for Edward VII in 1908, but was converted for the Queen in 1925.