Art Deco skyscraper located at 405 Lexington Avenue (between 42nd and 43rd streets). The building was originally owned by Walter P Chrysler the car manufacturer. Building started late in 1920 and was completed in 1930. Its spire once made it the tallest building, beating the Bank of Manhattan, and it is still an icon of the New York City skyline.
© Richard Bosomworth / Science & Society